Trip to India ( On this post, I shared about the tourist spots around Kolkata city)

Hello, my fellow bloggers,
How you all doing?
I hope everyone will be safe out there...
This time I came up with my personal experience, while I visit India on early of this year.
I and my family went to visit India on this year summer. (May 1st week). Actually, my family members were interested to visit Bhodgaya. You all know that the Bhodgaya is the most sacred places for the Buddhists. So I made a plan, to trip for 10 days in India.

We live in the landscape area of E-san. My village is 50 kilometers far from the Roi-et city. We don't like to waste time for traveling to Bangkok. So we booked the flight ticket to travel from Roi-et to Bangkok. According to my plan, we scheduled everything that we're going to do there. We flew to Bangkok in the evening. Becuz we planned to reach India in the early morning.





After we got down at Don Mueang International airport, we got the free shuttle bus to reach Suvarnabhumi International airport. Our flight was scheduled for Mid-night. We took our nap almost 3 hours. then I came to check our flight details. It showed that our check-in gate was open. We went there and kept our luggage to them, then we directed to the top floor for security check. Once we finished those, then we headed to the immigration control, Here they asked my family to fill some departure card. ( some of the Immigration control officers forget to speak in polite. here they did the same with my family. But when they know that my wife was government officer, I felt their shame face...) Then we got a flight to Kolkata at almost 2 in the early morning. I knew what you all thinking. Why I need to go to Kolkata instead of Bodhagaya. right?  They mostly provide air service from Bangkok to Bodhagaya on the season time only. We're not in the seasonal time, so that why we didn't have a direct flight to there.




 We reached Netaji Subash Chandra Bose Airport around 8 in the morning. We're so tired of such a long journey, so we decided to have some refreshment inside the airport. After that, we booked a cab from the Airport counter. Seriously, I can't accept that was cab! It looks like a rusty box with yellow colored. No air-conditioned, Can't close the window, ripped seats...  When I asked the counter about availability another cab their answer was nope. They said that the cab was booked, so I should go with it or I have to pay for that. This is the fucking probs with the prepaid cab counters. So I put our luggage in the trunk and sat beside the driver. He asked me something by his language. I don't understand that and I replied that I can't speak Indian language, Could you speak English. You know what he said???



He said " NO... No... No English" I totally freaked out, cuz I came with my family. I don't want to get in any trouble. I realized that I already told to the Taxi counter about my destination, maybe they typed on my bill that I paid for the cab. I showed the bill to him. After 30 minutes of travel. finally, we reached to our hotel. In the reception, they spoke English. It made me bit relaxed. We got our keys. We take a nap for 2 hours. after that we ready ourselves for the local trip in Kolkata. We never booked any trip with any agency, you know cuz they charge too expensive.

I used this app for booking cabs on online. So cheap but good conditioned car with Air-conditioned.
Click here

First, we went to some restaurant for our lunch. Cuz we're starving already We finished our lunch at Banana leaf restaurant which was located near to the famous Kali temple. Then I booked my cab through online to go Victoria Memorial. It's one of the most attractive hotspots for tourists. It's architecture look same as U.S. Capitol but the interior designs will make your jaw wide open.







The Victoria Memorial, a huge monument made of white marble located in the heart of the City of Joy, Kolkata (erstwhile Calcutta) in West Bengal, India is one of the most famous monuments in West Bengal that has become a museum and popular tourist spot of the state. A brainchild of George Curzon, 1st Marquess Curzon of Kedleston and Viceroy of India, this monument epitomising beauty and elegance was dedicated to the memory of Queen Victoria (1819–1901). This grand and exquisite memorial not only stands as reminiscence to the rule of British Crown in the Indian subcontinent but also stands out as an excellent architectural gem in Indo-Saracenic revivalist style. It is a must visit tourist destination for first-time visitors to experience the essence of Victorian era in the midst of the bustling metro city of Kolkata



There are 25 galleries inside the memorial including the royal gallery, the sculpture gallery and the Calcutta gallery among others. Several portraits of Queen Victoria and her husband Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha and oil paintings portraying different moments of their lives are displayed in the royal gallery. The newer addition was the Calcutta gallery, the concept of which was advocated in the mid-1970s by the then minister for education, Saiyid Nurul Hasan. He became Governor of Bengal and Odisha as also Chairman of the memorial’s Board of Trustees in 1986 and in 1992 the Calcutta gallery was opened. One can have a sneak peek of the yesteryear Calcutta and its gradual development through the visual displays of the gallery starting from the days of Job Charnock during the 17th century to 1911 when New Delhi replaced Calcutta as India’s capital. Another addition, the National Leader's gallery displays relics and portraits associated with Indian independence.




It is a house of remarkable collections of paintings, artifacts, weapons, textiles, coins, and stamps among others and maintains few possessions of the Queen like her writing desk and chair and scrapbooks. The rare collection of books is preserved here like the Rubaiyat by Omar Khayyam and masterpieces of William Shakespeare.

On the marble staircase at the entrance of the memorial is a bronze statue of Queen Victoria seated on a bronze throne wearing robes of the Star of India. Other statues around the building include that of Edward VII, Curzon, Dalhousie and Hastings among others. Another attraction of the memorial is the Angel of Victory, a black bronze angel placed atop its dome. Fixed to its pedestal with ball bearings, the Angel of Victory with a bugle in her hand rotates as the wind blows strongly. Several allegorical sculptures like Justice, Motherhood, Architecture, Learning, and Prudence in and around the dome enhance the British aura of the place.
This the place for the person who loves to know about Historical events...


Timings and Cost:
One can visit the museum of Victoria Memorial Hall from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm on weekdays excluding Monday. It remains closed on all local and national holidays of India. Entry fee per person to the museum is Rs. 10/- for Indians and Rs. 200/- (2.50$) for foreigners. Entry is free for uniformed school children up to 12 years of age and for uniformed army personnel.

Garden area of the memorial remains open for visitors around the year from 5.30 am to 7.00 pm. Entry ticket per person is Rs. 4/- (Daily), Rs. 100/- (Monthly) and Rs. 1000/- (Yearly). However, visitors may be restricted entry to the garden by order of the authority.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shiva Temple in Khon kaen(Isaan Area)

Thailand is at 58th place.???? Who is NO:1? Which is the World Happiest country?

Cultivating Mental Well-Being: 8 Strategies for a Happier, Healthier Mind