A good teacher or A bad teacher

Hello fellow readers,

Today, I’m going to talk about the current scenario in Thailand. I hope this will help you understand the 

feeling of being a teacher in South-East Asia.  

I asked my students how they felt about teachers. I have heard it from so many X-Generation kids. 

He/She is a Good teacher or a Bad teacher. How can they evaluate? I asked, " What defines the teacher is 

good or bad?" with approximately three hundred plus students. The most common answer that I heard 

was " The teacher who taught fun, no gives lot of homework, no gives project work, no strict during class, 

allow the students use electronic gadgets in the classroom, last but not least who always give better scores."  

I understood simply that the teacher who has never been a teacher is good.

Parents Perspective:

Let me share with you all some of my past things. When I was a student, I had not had so many choices

 like now. I follow whatever my parents say. I don't blame this fundamental change in our society, but I 

don't agree with everything. Giving chances or choices to the students is good, but don't ruin them by 

giving whatever they ask for. When I was a kid, I also got things from my parents but always got them 

under the condition, which motivated me. I remembered that I asked my parents for a Mobile phone, they 

said they would buy one for me if I have got distinction in my Class 12, which helps me get my grades 

and my phone. Nowadays, so many students want so many things, whether in one way or another. For 

example, One of my students is crazier about the BTS(Korean boy band); her mother is a vendor at the 

community market. Due to the Covid-19 crisis, her mother was forced to buy an iPad for her kids' online 

class. She wants her kid to study well and get a better job. But her kid never been into the studies, like 

spending time on iPad, never been to the class (online), and never sent home works. This kid's mother came

 to me and asked for her kids' worst grades. I have explained the whole thing to her, where she said that her 

kid is spending all the time online, she thought that she is studying, but actually, she is wasting her time.

Teacher's Perspective:

As a teacher, we have our limits with students. We may guide them, teach them or explain them. We can't 

do anything. If a student doesn't get interested, the ball is in their court. Once I tried to help my student, his

 attitude was way worse than so many adults in this society. When I offered help, he thought I was stupid 

and an idiot. Even his friends are trying to help him/her. But nothing works out. Finally, end up with "F" 

in six subjects for three consecutive years.

Students Perspective:

Maybe you wonder How I suppose to know about the students' perspectives. As I mentioned earlier, I did

 a survey. Most X-Generation kids want to have a better score without doing a single thing; even a single 

failure led them to give up. All they want is a good score without doing hard work. I can't complain to 

them either because they all see on the internet, “ Smart people work smarter but Normal people only do 

the hard work.” They forgot one thing to realize. You can't be a smart one without being a hard-working 

one. These days the value of education attitude is lower than the value of money. Try to realize one thing,

 "Education is a resource which will not run out of your life unless you didn't get it."

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shiva Temple in Khon kaen(Isaan Area)

Thailand is at 58th place.???? Who is NO:1? Which is the World Happiest country?

Cultivating Mental Well-Being: 8 Strategies for a Happier, Healthier Mind